Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

Lights dimming and cruise control shuts off when push on brakes or roll down windows

Search this Thread

Old January 21st, 2015, 9:29 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lights dimming and cruise control shuts off when push on brakes or roll down windows

Like I said above every time I push on the brakes or hit the power window buttons the lights dim on the dash and the headlights. they dim enough that the cruise control will shut off.i do know that the power window button for the passenger window does not work on drivers side controls but does on the passenger controls. when I do activate the window controls I can watch the amp gauge drop.
Any ideas??????
Old January 21st, 2015, 2:25 PM
Administrator

Received 45 Likes on 45 Posts

Welcome to the forum...
You likely have a poor ground connection somewhere...
I'd start with checking the battery cables end to end esp the ground cable and the engine to body grand strap....
Clean the battery connections good and make sure the battery is adequately charged...