Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

Long crank on start-up of 2015 Suburban

Search this Thread

Old November 22nd, 2016, 11:17 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Long crank on start-up of 2015 Suburban

My 2015 Suburban has a long crank on start up after being parked overnight in driveway that has an incline. This had been present since I had purchased it new. It does not happen once the vehicle had been running.

My Chevy dealer serviced it and had told me there is nothing wrong. My old 2013 Silverado with 140k starts after 1,5 cranks.

I am am disappointed in such a new vehicle. I am sure that I will have starter problems in future or perhaps fuel pump issues.

I get the feeling that if the vehicle cannot reproduce the sign in the shop they disregard the owners history.

It seems like a patient telling his doctor he is coughing up blood but the doctor says he cannot hear anything wrong on exam.
Old November 23rd, 2016, 7:12 AM
Super Moderator

Received 511 Likes on 471 Posts

leave it overnight at the dealership with a fuel pressure gauge on it. the fuel pressure may be leaking down.

if they dont have it overnight when the fault is active; no way they will find it. If its under bumper to bumper warranty, they will pay for a rental vehicle.
Old November 23rd, 2016, 1:32 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Gawie
My 2015 Suburban has a long crank on start up after being parked overnight in driveway that has an incline. This had been present since I had purchased it new. It does not happen once the vehicle had been running.

My Chevy dealer serviced it and had told me there is nothing wrong. My old 2013 Silverado with 140k starts after 1,5 cranks.

I am am disappointed in such a new vehicle. I am sure that I will have starter problems in future or perhaps fuel pump issues.

I get the feeling that if the vehicle cannot reproduce the sign in the shop they disregard the owners history.

It seems like a patient telling his doctor he is coughing up blood but the doctor says he cannot hear anything wrong on exam.
Hello Gawie,

We're very sorry to hear about this starting concern with your Suburban, as we understand how frustrating intermittent concerns can be. We would welcome the opportunity to look into this for you by reaching out to the dealership on your behalf. If interested, please send us a private message with your VIN, mileage, full contact information, and the name of your servicing dealership at your earliest convenience.

We look forward to your response,

Chelsea D.
Chevrolet Customer Care