Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

Looking for the name of Evap tube/line/hose

Search this Thread

Old February 15th, 2018, 9:36 AM
Newly Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for the name of Evap tube/line/hose

Hey guys!

I drive a 2005 Chevy Equinox (AWD) SUV.

It keeps throwing an Evap engine code so I took it into a local shop. The mechanic there is trustworthy and took a quick look for me. He said there's a cracked line/hose/tube (it is HARD PLASTIC and insulated with a rubber "tube" similar to what wraps around a plumbing line in a house) in the evap system that is cracked and *could* be the source of the code. (Even if it's not the source,, it still needs to be replaced.)

I have a friend who thinks he can replace it so I'd like to search online for an OEM part rather than pay a dealer to replace it.

I found a diagram that shows the tube very clearly but it does not provide a name for the part.

Does anyone know what #17 is called in the Emission Hose Routing Diagram at https://sh3.me/2006-chevy-equinox-engine-diagram-images/schematic-and-routing-diagrams-emission-hose-routing-diagram-articles-and-images/?

If you know what it is called, I’d appreciate it greatly if you would please email it to me at ixlatall@hotmail.com.

Thank you in advance for any help you can lend!!

Allie
Old February 15th, 2018, 7:55 PM
Super Moderator

Received 509 Likes on 469 Posts

take a picture of it on the vehicle