Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

Loping Idle and Surging Acceleration

Search this Thread

Old August 3rd, 2013, 2:44 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Loping Idle and Surging Acceleration

Friends, I am desperate, I tried everything I know and more but I cannot find a solution to my Loping idle and surging acceleration on my '90 Sierra C1500, 5.7L TB. I've replaced the IAC valve, TPS, MAP, EGR & Solenoid, ES Module & Knock Sensor, ECS, Ignition Module, Plugs & Wires, Dist. Cap & Rotor & Fuel Filter.

Compression is 118psi to 120psi and fuel pressure 10psi, within the 9 to 13psi tolerance. I reset the IAC Valve by jumping the A & B terminals on the diag. connector,* turn to ignition to the on position, NOT START, wait a minute then disconnect the IAC Valve electrical connector. Then turn the ignition to the off position, remove the jumper from the diag. reconnect the IAC connector. Then start the engine and set the idle speed. (method from Chilton Manuel, different than the the one in the ThirdGen article.)

My CO is 160 but should be 20, my HC is 2.95 but should be 2.00. Nox was 0.34 well below the exceptible 4.00

My Injectors spray pattern seem right though the droplets size seems larger than I imagined, but uniform and smooth. The only relivant parts that I haven't yet replaced is the Injectors, Ignition Coil, Ignition Pickup Coil.

I'm near my wits end, please help this desperate man regain some sanity.
Sincerely xJohn Doex
------------------------------