Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

Multiple issues

Search this Thread

Old February 2nd, 2017, 8:15 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Multiple issues

Along with the issues my 2003 Tahoe is having with the instrument panel gauges, there are several other items that I am dealing with.
Would anyone happen to know if the items below are somehow linked together?
Compass and Temperature reading on rear view mirror is not working, but air bag, power light and dimming work. The ambient outside sensor is fine.
The drive side door control for controlling both side view mirrors only works for passenger door, everything else fine.

Static feedback from stereo on driver door speaker.

Rear overhead dvd, aftermarket, has (2) dome lights that now require manual turn off, after starting, driving vehicle. They use to turn off.
(2) of the steering wheel controls, on left side, stopped illumination.
When turning key to start, there is a motor sound down on driver door. I thought it was seat mechanism, but it wasn't.
Old February 2nd, 2017, 8:25 PM
Super Moderator

Received 509 Likes on 469 Posts

the steering wheel controls illumination...replace the switches.

you need a scan tool to check pid data for the mirror faults. probably needs a new mirror as nothing in it is serviceable.

pull up the mirror switch and check for voltage out of the switch when the buttons are pressed. you can use the working right side to verify what voltages you should see. if nothing out of the mirror switch...its nfg.