Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

need info on engine

Search this Thread

Old February 15th, 2010, 7:33 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile re

I know the is no fix in a can, I bought this to drive to work, not my main ride, like to keep that one out of the salt. I traded a 91 s10 for it, that was all rusted out, the guy told me it used oil, so I"m not shocked. he drove it 100 miles a day to work, now he retired, wanted a truck to haul crap, I stopped by my mechanic"s shop, been going to him for many yrs. he told me to add oil when needed and drive it till it drops, he said it probably will run for many more miles that way, was pretty normal for that motor, that"s what I"m going to do, cars not worth rebuilding engine. gets way better gas mileage than the s10, like almost double. anyway a qt. every 800 to 1000 mi. is no big deal less than 1 gal. of gas. thanks for your replies, Black Bart.
Old February 16th, 2010, 4:34 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

has anyone tried restore? I would try it but I would like to know if it will mess up the motor worse.