Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

New Here. Please help with Tracker

Search this Thread

Old January 15th, 2016, 4:47 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Here. Please help with Tracker

Hello.

I just became a member here and I am having an issue with my Tracker and I need help from anyone that might point me in the right direction.

I own a 2002 Tracker, 4X4, 2.0 engine and It won't stay running at idle but sometimes it does at around 300-400 rpm. No issues with it driving, as long as I stay over 1000 rpm. I have removed, cleaned and tested the AIC (25 ohms between pin 1-2, 2-3, 4-5, 5-6) EGR (42ohms between pins 1-2, 2-3, 4-5, 5-6) PCV and Mass Airflow. The Tracker continues to shut down after it warms up. I don't have a code computer nor have access to one at this time. It might be too much to ask here but based on what I have done, what else could be doing this so I may tackle the next issue. Thank you in advance and for any advise.

Tracker2002
Old January 15th, 2016, 5:38 PM
CF Junior Member

Idle contol valve? Oh, and Welcome to the forums
Old January 15th, 2016, 6:01 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by iriegnome
Idle contol valve? Oh, and Welcome to the forums
Hi and thank you. Good to be here. Would you know for sure, after the ohm values I supplied? Should they be the same values as the EGR? Please advise. Thank you.
Old January 15th, 2016, 6:14 PM
CF Beginner

Note- So in theory, if I would add a 20ohm resistor to pins 1,3,4 and 6, the idle should be restored, if the value of 45ohms is still within tolerance. Please advise, as I have these from old gadgets with me. Thanks.
Old January 16th, 2016, 8:09 AM
CF Junior Member

I'm not a mechanic, but I have had my over abundance of issues with my 7 vehicles. I am not sure about the values and such. Someone who is more of a mechanic would or should be able to answer that. However, I would think if the issue is the idle, then it would make sense to look at the ICV. For your vehicle, they are not cheap, but it is an easy repair to do
Old January 16th, 2016, 4:25 PM
CF Beginner

Update.

I removed the IAC and took it apart. I tested the motor for continuity and then by applying 12 volts. The motor is locked up but the plunger is not. I adjusted the plunger manually halfway opened, installed it back up but did not plug harness to it. The engine is now idling.
Thank you for helping identify the bad part.