Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

No power at the AC fuse 2013 chevy spark

Search this Thread

Old August 7th, 2017, 9:21 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No power at the AC fuse 2013 chevy spark

After a compressor expansion valve condenser and high pressure hose replacement. I can not get the compressor to activate. I can get it to start by manually supplying 12 v to the compressor. It starts and cools. I read that the BCM may have shut off the compressor to prevent damage? But not on the spark model.
Old August 7th, 2017, 10:15 AM
Super Moderator

Received 509 Likes on 469 Posts

is it charged the correct amount?
can you her the a/c relay click on?
Old August 7th, 2017, 3:36 PM
CF Beginner

it is charged to the 15.1 oz it does cool when I apply 12 volt manually.

On other small chevy models I read where the BCM has shut down the compressor to prevent damage.

There is no relay in the fuse block. It is labeled for one but is not there. The AC fuse 10A in the main fuse block as no 12v supply or no 12 volt fused. basically an open circuit.

Is it possible a BCM flash is requited to activate the system after the repair? The owner tells me she must take the car in for every little thing for a reset from TPS on the tires after rotation, to an oil change.
Old August 7th, 2017, 4:44 PM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

I'd evacuate the system, and replace the low pressure switch
Old August 7th, 2017, 6:17 PM
CF Beginner

Low pressure switch has been checked out and bypassed.
Old August 7th, 2017, 7:27 PM
Super Moderator

Received 509 Likes on 469 Posts

Originally Posted by Drew001

On other small chevy models I read where the BCM has shut down the compressor to prevent damage.

There is no relay in the fuse block. It is labeled for one but is not there. The AC fuse 10A in the main fuse block as no 12v supply or no 12 volt fused. basically an open circuit.

Is it possible a BCM flash is requited to activate the system after the repair? The owner tells me she must take the car in for every little thing for a reset from TPS on the tires after rotation, to an oil change.
the relay may be internal to the printed circuit board. the diagram shows a relay. the diagram shows the relay controlled by the pcm....this is usually the case as the pcm needs to shut down the compressor for wot conditions. there may be a inhibit reason.... Have someone with a full function scan tool check for faults in the hvac module and pcm....a code reader will not access the hvac control module.

Last edited by tech2; August 7th, 2017 at 7:36 PM.
Old November 1st, 2022, 8:44 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Drew001

Did you ever figure out the problem?