Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

No power to certain fuses, Fuses are mint

Search this Thread

Old December 19th, 2015, 10:53 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation No power to certain fuses, Fuses are mint

The other day I noticed that my windshield wiper motor was not working, so my uncle and I were testing fuses to find out if it was fuses because prior to checking the motor itself we were checking if it was any of the fuses.

Now we were using a worklight (the kind you hold and has a metal cage around with the hook on top) close to the fuse panel to see what we were doing because it was late at night. My uncle was testing the fuses and i'm not sure if the tester touched the outside of the light or not but i'm not sure if that would have caused my problem.

When we checked one of the fuses there was a spark, after that spark that fuse and 3 other above it have no power to it but the fuses are fine. Those fuses were controlling CRUISE, AUTO A/C, RADIO, and blank.

We couldn't find out what the heck happened or why there was no power to the fuses.

We left that issue for the time being because I also had a blinker light out which we went and replaced but in doing so just by replacing a bulb another 4 fuses have no power to them and those were TCM (Transmission Control Module), HAZRD LAMPS, RKE (Remote Keyless Entry) and DLC (Data Link Connector).

So my i'm looking for any advice on if there is anyway to fix this or find out what caused this. A guy at a shop was talking about Green Death, that my wires could be corroded. Any advice is greatly appreciated!
Old December 19th, 2015, 12:05 PM
CF Active Member

what kind of vehicle and what year ,pretty hard to help without the make ,model and year.if your blowing that many fuses and lost power to parts of the fusebox,i would check the fuseable links first.check all your power and grounds starting at the battery and engine block,check body grounds and check for any sign of green corrosion even at the starter.a bad or corroded wire can cause all kinds of issues.you could also have a shorted wiring harness touching the metal of your car.even check all the wiring harness under the car.green corrosion is a vehicles worst nightmare when it comes to electrical problems.these are just some guide lines which may help you out.
Old December 19th, 2015, 12:14 PM
CF Beginner

@chevy55 Right! totally forgot about that. The car is 2004 Chevy Optra 4dr sedan
Old December 19th, 2015, 2:08 PM
CF Active Member

another thing pull the instrument cluster,there was an issue with wiring problems in behind the instrument cluster.