Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

No reverse th400 4x4

Search this Thread

Old July 9th, 2014, 5:35 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No reverse th400 4x4

I just rebuilt my first transmission after I snapped the bell housing of roading. I rebuilt it w all stage 2 alto kit and shift kit. I installed the transmission topped off the fluid and have no reverse. I have looked and all I can find is maybe the tri band or reverse cylinder is not activating correctly and could have been caused by me power breaking I. Reverse in 4' of mud. I am tryi g to avoid talk g the transmission out again, but I will if I have to. So here r my questions

Should I leave it in, drop the pan, remove filter and manifold, the reverse cylinder round cover plate drop the cylinder and the spring and make sure it's hitting the band correctly? The. If not weld 2mm on the top of it,

Or I tried to hook up the two prongs on the driver side of the trans which I read was the trams break one pos 12v one straight to ground and still no reverse?

Also how much fluid goes into the transfer case, and what's the easiest way to get it in there if I already put it back in?

Thanks for all the help, hope I'm missing something stupid and easy.
Old July 12th, 2014, 1:14 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking no reverse did you sdjust the band

change the o rings and seals and did you check your pressure
and does that one have the check *****