Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

No start, battery dies when key is turned.

Search this Thread

Old May 17th, 2022, 11:20 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No start, battery dies when key is turned.

Hello, I have a 1999 GMC Yukon with the 5.7l vortec engine. When changing the oil I noticed a large oil leak and it seemed to be coming from the pressure sensor. So I replaced the sensor and discovered that the leak was coming from the distributor gasket. So I replaced the distributor and of course a new gasket. I put everything back just the way it was but I couldn’t get it to start. I sprayed carb cleaner in the throttle body and it started. I checked for fuel pressure and there was none. Replaced the fuel pump and filter and still no pressure. Checked the relay and it seemed to be working but after the initial run every time I turn the key it would kill the battery. I double checked all my connections and couldn’t find any shorts. I did jump the power point of the fuel pump relay to the other end and the pump pressured up. Any thoughts?
Old May 17th, 2022, 4:20 PM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by jmontman
I did jump the power point of the fuel pump relay to the other end and the pump pressured up. Any thoughts?
You jumped the relay contacts or the relay?