Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

Oil Leak

Search this Thread

Old March 4th, 2020, 7:24 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oil Leak

Im stuck. My radiator went a couple days ago. Installed new one. Drove about 20 miles and my lower oil cooler line blew off the radiator and pumped all of the oil out. Reinstalled the line and clip properly and added oil back into the motor. Then oil pressure gauge was pegged at 80, no matter what the engine temp was or RMP, installed new sensor. Now the gauge is at 20 and goes up to about 30 and back to 20, before all of this my normal was 40 at idle. After all of this was done i washed entire engine compartment and undercarriage because of the amount of oil all over. Today I noticed that I had an oil puddle under the truck, and the whole front end covered in oil. I don't really know where to start or look specifically. I did check the new oil pressure sensor and that is completely dry so that rules that out. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Zach

2006 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 6.0