Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

oil leak from HELL

Search this Thread

Old March 7th, 2011, 4:52 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default oil leak from HELL

Hey new to the forum and got a problem with my 93 silverado 4x4 350. Starting noticing oil spots on my drive usually by the passenger side back of the engine. Checked under and i got oil all over my starter and transmission pan...but here is the messed up part. If I spray water around my front passenger tire up along side the engine I'll see water on my dipstick, and its the whole way up the dipstick. Anyone have a clue what could be leaking so bad or where i should start at. I took the bolts out the starter which were also saturated in oil to see if the dip stick is leaking where it enters the engine but its all coated. Any help would be greatly appreciated. THanks!
Old March 7th, 2011, 8:23 PM
CF Veteran

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I m sorry, I dont understand what you wrote. What is the deal with spraying water on the tire?
Old March 7th, 2011, 9:26 PM
CF Beginner

Sorry I should of been more clear, it happens when im washing my truck and i spray up in around the wheel wells, my silverado has a three inch body lift so more of the engine is exposed through the wheel well. Its happen about 4 times now, at first when i didnt think anything of it and though that i might of had a blown gasket somewhere, but i never lost a drop of coolant. Then the other day i was sparying water under the engine and in the wheel well towards the passenger side of the engine and instantly when i checked the oil it had the milkly chocolate color to it.
Old March 10th, 2011, 8:43 PM
CF Junior Member

Are you saying ... when you pull dipstick out you have water in oil?
And you noticed it when you washed engine?
Could be leaking at dipstick .. when you clean engine water going in oil pan.
If this is what your asking.