Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

Oil problems 383 stroker

Search this Thread

Old August 22nd, 2019, 4:52 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default STUMPED/PLEASE HELP 383 stroker

Hey guys,
I’m building a 383 and I’ve run into a problem. I have 50 psi oil pressure, oil to the center main gallery that feeds the cam shaft, oil to the cam shaft, but no oil to the distributor/ left and right oil galleries for the lifters. Used a old distributor to prime for like 15 min and nothing. Distributor is dry and all lifters dry. Could this be a cam bearing installed wrong? Block was hot tanked and cam bearing put in by a good machine shop. What could this be?
Jeremy

Last edited by Jeremy West; August 22nd, 2019 at 5:08 PM.
Old August 23rd, 2019, 1:32 AM
CF Monarch

Received 263 Likes on 255 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeremy West
Hey guys,
I’m building a 383 and I’ve run into a problem. I have 50 psi oil pressure, oil to the center main gallery that feeds the cam shaft, oil to the cam shaft, but no oil to the distributor/ left and right oil galleries for the lifters. Used a old distributor to prime for like 15 min and nothing. Distributor is dry and all lifters dry. Could this be a cam bearing installed wrong? Block was hot tanked and cam bearing put in by a good machine shop. What could this be?
Jeremy
Cam bearing installed improperly.blocking oil flow.