Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

older SBC 350 water from one exhaust pipe and intake bolt oil leak

Search this Thread

Old December 14th, 2016, 10:07 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default older SBC 350 water from one exhaust pipe and intake bolt oil leak

got an early 70s 350 that might get fired up and driven 1-2 times per month. recently i noticed some water, not a lot but noticeable, coming out only from the driver side tailpipe (dual exhaust with no crossover pipe) as seen in the pic, does not happen to the passenger side tailpipe. Another issues is i see a little oil pool right underneath the fourth intake bolt on the driver side (you can barely see it in the pic). It appears to be slowly leaking out of the intake bolt (maybe re-torquing the bolt my help?). Otherwise, engine runs and idles decent. The engine sat for like 6 years before i put it to use. I did turn it often so it would not seize and poured tranny fluid down the carb before storing it. Thanks for any info/help.
Attached Thumbnails older SBC 350 water from one exhaust pipe and intake bolt oil leak-dscn2478.jpg   older SBC 350 water from one exhaust pipe and intake bolt oil leak-dscn2479.jpg