Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

Please help! Violent idle, no power, misfiring

Search this Thread

Old August 7th, 2019, 8:23 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Please help! Violent idle, no power, misfiring

Hello,
I am hoping someone can help me with my current issue as I have tried everything I can think of and am at my wits end with this car. It is a 2007 Aveo with right at 70,000 miles. A couple weeks ago it started missing randomly and then two days ago lost all power over about a 3 minute window and died on the interstate. I had it towed home where I ran codes and got P0300-multi misfire as well as every individual cylinder misfire code. I have replaced camshaft position sensor, plugs (copper core), wires, and intake boot (found large crack). It is still running absolutely terribly and occasionally dies trying to idle. I have checked fuel pressure (on, running, leak down) and all are in good range. I have verified no other vacuum leaks exist by using carb cleaner throughout. I can't think of what else it could be that's not throwing a code. I even removed the pre-cat O2 sensor thinking maybe cat was clogged and that would open it up enough to make a difference. That also had no effect. PLEASE HELP. Car is idling all over the place, won't pickup speed, and live code reader is saying that spark advance is going from -5 BTDC to +22. Gas pedal does essentially nothing unless you feather it very very slowly.
Old August 8th, 2019, 7:11 AM
I'm here for the party

Received 71 Likes on 66 Posts

do a compression test. my father in-law had two of those crappy daewoo aveos, nothing but problems. one the motor ended up blowing up the other i think started running like crap. ended up donating them to a charity.
Old August 17th, 2019, 9:34 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris Jones
Hello,
I am hoping someone can help me with my current issue as I have tried everything I can think of and am at my wits end with this car. It is a 2007 Aveo with right at 70,000 miles. A couple weeks ago it started missing randomly and then two days ago lost all power over about a 3 minute window and died on the interstate. I had it towed home where I ran codes and got P0300-multi misfire as well as every individual cylinder misfire code. I have replaced camshaft position sensor, plugs (copper core), wires, and intake boot (found large crack). It is still running absolutely terribly and occasionally dies trying to idle. I have checked fuel pressure (on, running, leak down) and all are in good range. I have verified no other vacuum leaks exist by using carb cleaner throughout. I can't think of what else it could be that's not throwing a code. I even removed the pre-cat O2 sensor thinking maybe cat was clogged and that would open it up enough to make a difference. That also had no effect. PLEASE HELP. Car is idling all over the place, won't pickup speed, and live code reader is saying that spark advance is going from -5 BTDC to +22. Gas pedal does essentially nothing unless you feather it very very slowly. Visit Autoguysland to know how long we can drive with misfiring cylinder that you may concern
The ignition coil would be issue, take a look of it. Then you consider making the next thing be a compression test.