Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

Problems with Door Panel Light in 1995 Vette

Search this Thread

Old March 5th, 2009, 9:02 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problems with Door Panel Light in 1995 Vette

I have a 1995 vette coupe, the problem I having is the interior light in door panel will not come on when door are open when getting into the car. I put new light bulbs in and check the fuses in the box everything is good, but nothing happen with light coming on? can anyone help out with this proble please e-mail at canyonprinting@hotmail.

Thanks
jeff vetteman95
Old March 7th, 2009, 7:23 AM
Banned

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

ok First of all, no one is going to email you. At least I won't. Everyone needs to see the answers to your posts so that the next person who comes by with the same problem, can maybe find a fix without having to start a thread and wait for someone to answer.

Well then, on to your question....

Do any of the other courtesy lights come on? Specifically, the glove box light, and the left and right footwell lights. They all share the same fuse which is labelled RH CTSY. its a 20amp fuse in position 36.

If it is only the door lights that are not working, you probably have a broken wire in the drivers door boot....right where the hinge is.

If the fuse is good, try manually turning on the interior lights using the headlights switch. Do they come on?

If not, pull the lens out of the door, pull the bulb out and test the orange wire for 12v. It should have 12v all the time no matter what. If thats ok, then there is a problem on the ground circuit and that can get a bit complicated. Get back to us with some answers and I can get a lot more specific.