Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

Problems with Silverado in snow

Search this Thread

Old February 6th, 2020, 9:13 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problems with Silverado in snow

Hey everyone I’ve got a question hoping some people can help with I have a 2014 regular cab 8 foot bed 2500 Silverado 4x4 currently running stock size cooper mud and snow tires this truck seems to have plenty of power however in snow it lacks seems to not get traction or keep traction with or with out traction control it will often times just spin in snow sometimes the bed will start hopping the question is will weight in the bed help with this or is this truck just not good in snow and I should except that thanks
Old February 7th, 2020, 3:24 AM
CF Monarch

Received 263 Likes on 255 Posts

Originally Posted by 2014chevy
Hey everyone I’ve got a question hoping some people can help with I have a 2014 regular cab 8 foot bed 2500 Silverado 4x4 currently running stock size cooper mud and snow tires this truck seems to have plenty of power however in snow it lacks seems to not get traction or keep traction with or with out traction control it will often times just spin in snow sometimes the bed will start hopping the question is will weight in the bed help with this or is this truck just not good in snow and I should except that thanks
Some do better then others. Weight would help keep the tires in traction in snow, yes. Not much weight in a pickup rear as that's that what they were meant for, hauling weight. Things like Jeeps don't need that as the gas tank is over the rear axle. Might pop it up a gear if you have a stick shift transmission.

Last edited by oilcanhenry; February 7th, 2020 at 3:27 AM.
Old February 7th, 2020, 8:33 AM
I'm here for the party

Received 71 Likes on 66 Posts

weight over the rear axle will help any vehicle in the snow. this is why most times people will shovel snow into their bed to help weigh it down. also the wider the tires the worst it will do in the snow