Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

Programmer for 6.0 Vortec

Search this Thread

Old February 11th, 2020, 9:02 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Programmer for 6.0 Vortec

Does anybody on here have a programmer on a 6.0 Vortec? If so do they help at all with fuel mileage? I am trying to decide if it is worth it to buy one or if I should just keep it stock and maybe get a cold air intake for it. Also if they are worth the money what's the best to get and about how much are they?
Old February 11th, 2020, 8:46 PM
CF Monarch

Received 263 Likes on 255 Posts

Originally Posted by Ebetton
Does anybody on here have a programmer on a 6.0 Vortec? If so do they help at all with fuel mileage? I am trying to decide if it is worth it to buy one or if I should just keep it stock and maybe get a cold air intake for it. Also if they are worth the money what's the best to get and about how much are they?
When you have a large motor, with perhaps lower axle gears you gotta figure it's going to burn more fuel. No way I'd use a cold air intake system either. The best way is to keep it in tune, not stomping on the gasoline and not driving past the speed limit. One trick I use is to get behind a large semi-box van truck and cut speed. (never get behind a flatbed rig, doubles or triples, or a gravel truck) The truck is also cutting a path through the air like a spoiler, and my gas mileage goes up. I don't tailgate the rig just stay back some and let the trucker do the driving. Got a real nice chrome winch bar that must of fell off a flat-bed rig

Last edited by oilcanhenry; February 11th, 2020 at 8:48 PM.
Old February 20th, 2023, 7:47 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I find best tuner for my 6.0 powerstroke, after reading this post. Read Here