Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

rapid flasher with LED

Search this Thread

Old September 1st, 2021, 7:38 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rapid flasher with LED

Newly installed LED signal lights flash fast and signal fail in message centre... is there a dif flash relay that can be purchased to fix this issue? thx
Old October 2nd, 2021, 3:01 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by newfie lad
Newly installed LED signal lights flash fast and signal fail in message centre... is there a dif flash relay that can be purchased to fix this issue? thx
LED bulbs draw much less power than regular light bulbs. You can buy resistors on ebay that get wired into the circuit and bring the resistance back up to where it needs to be for proper flasher speed. You may be able to install a electronic style flasher that blinks at a set speed no matter what but newer vehicles may not be able to use this type of flasher. My one ton has double LED tail/signal lights on the rear and regular bulbs in the front and it blinks a fair bit faster than stock. I figure it just helps catch peoples eye better so I run it that way lol. Napa or ctc may have the resistors as well, they are little gold colored aluminum blocks with two wires.