Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

Service Charging Sys on DIC

Search this Thread

Old August 11th, 2016, 4:22 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Service Charging Sys on DIC

2007 Trailblazer LT 4.2 liter 4x4 123,000 miles

Last year the DIC started displaying "service charging sys" on the DIC on hot days.
I replaced the alternator, serpentine belt and tension-er but the problem continued.
I don't know if it was related but the transmission interlock wouldn't allow the shift lever to come out of park.
I took console apart and manually released the interlock to drive the vehicle.
Trans interlock solenoid was replaced as was the switch near foot brake but problem continued.
Chevy dealer serviced saying the some other component needed to be replaced and they cleaned corrosion off the underhood bused electric center (UBEC).
Drove truck home, tried driving later and wouldn't come out of park again.
Dealer replaced UBEC and the locking in park problem went away but service charging sys message continued to happen on hot days.
Worse was I had sole my house and was moving 600 miles away. Driving to new home was first time driving at night with replaced UBEC, noticed ALL dash and headlights flash when RPMs over 2000. Dealer said to leave it with him for a few days which was impossible having moved into my new home.
Flashing problem continues to this day, service charging sys message still happens on hot days AND air conditioning seems to quit when sitting in traffic. Air conditioning gets cold again after I'm out of stop and go traffic. Battery is a Sears Die Hard Gold that was 3 years old, tested good. I'm at a loss as to where to go from here. Have a Chevy dealer 40 miles from here but having been burned by last dealer ($2000 worth of fixes) I'm not looking to get ripped off again. Any ideas why lights flash when RPMs over 2000 and it's not just at night.