Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

Service stabilitrak/ traction control

Search this Thread

Old August 29th, 2019, 5:06 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Service stabilitrak/ traction control

Needing help. I have a 2010 Chevy Silverado and gettin service stabilitrak traction control and brake light as well as abs
light up in my dash. I have replaced a bad battery as well as throttle body. Issue still exists. This is causing shifting hard into gears but also loses power. Not sure what to do next. Don’t have the money for dealership to look at it but any help would be great
Old March 31st, 2021, 7:03 AM
CF Beginner

I hope this helps, I had the dreaded error codes, sent car to the garage and they never nailed it, also replaced battery cables etc, what I recommend is a can of electrical contact cleaner on the cable joining to the ECU and on the connecting cable and blow out with compress air to dry...it works and matches the wet weather theory - my issues started one day having too much fun in deep wet slushy snow (don't forget to disconnect the negative cable on your battery before cleaning) ECU on 07 Yukon Denali is on the driver side between the bumper and the wheel - a very wet place

My theory is that the ECU loses a good ground connection and messes with the sensors - in this case the sensors with poor readings/errors were all related

Last edited by 07 Yukon Denali; March 31st, 2021 at 7:06 AM.
Old January 27th, 2022, 8:38 AM
CF Beginner

sorry for not posting final solution, it was a wire grounding on the power steering line - which normally the wiring does not run through them

other places to check for grounding on this set of sensors running on is a stud/bolt on the drivers side of the engine block or wires grounding beneath the air conditioning compressor

there is also a bulletin where the wiring is chafed by the front drive axel

all other fixes likely making the ground stronger only delay the inevitable