Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

Small block cranks but doesn’t start

Search this Thread

Old June 18th, 2020, 12:25 AM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Small block cranks but doesn’t start

Hello guys, I am doing “diy” on my Datsun and I would like to know what are the names of These parts and their purpose. And can I change the brake vacuum reservoir hoses without compromising air getting in to the brakes fluids?

I have a problem with my car it cranks but it doesn’t start. it has new NGK spark plugs (got them at Amazon) it was backfiring and saw some smoke coming out by the headers so I changed the valves covers, headers gaskets, new battery, the fuel pump is a red Holley and it sounds that it’s working (as it’s very loud) I cleaned the fuel hoses with air pressure . used starting fluid and it just cranks but it doesn’t start. I was told that it could be the started but as it cranks I searched up and found out that if it cranks the starter works. I know but it was marked as sold directly by amazon, I now now that for performance parts like that it’s better to go straight to an auto parts. what ever it’s going on it’s drying out the battery, I had some alarm expert lol from a local alarm shop near my place and paid a lot because they had to remove the old alarm system and put a new one, the old one stopped working and i couldn’t turn it off, and it was working fine before, even he broke my steering wheel column cover. And what he did it I had my fuel tank cleaned and coated inside, exhaust system ceramic coated so I did not start the car at that time, he show me that it turn on and off the alarm but I couldn’t start the car. but all this thing happened about the pandemic and couldn’t get in touch with them, so I am screwed there.
Do you guy have any idea what it could be? Any advice and help will be greatly appreciated.