Chevrolet  Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/)
-   General Tech (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/general-tech-10/)
-   -   Stabilitrak stuck on my 2010 Silverado (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/general-tech-10/stabilitrak-stuck-my-2010-silverado-68252/)

Kcluca September 30th, 2014 7:00 AM

Stabilitrak stuck on my 2010 Silverado

I bought a 2010 Chevy Silverado, 5.3 liter engine, 4x4 just 8 months ago. It has around 54,000 miles in it.

My problem is that I will be cruising and out of no where the the Stabilitrak light will come on and cut power down to what seems 30%. I have had the check engine light turn off at least 5 times now. The truck will run for a month or two then out of no where it will happen again. So this morning I am driving to catch a flight at the air port and yes again this happens. I turn engine off, wait 5 minutes for the vehicle to reset (which has worked to at least get full power back to the vehicle but not to turn of check engine light) and nothing changes. So I had to call a taxi and pay a $160 cab ride so I don't miss my flight. The truck is just waiting to be towed yet again to a shop and yet again I am wishing I still had my 96 Nissan banged up pathfinder with 250,000 miles cause it never left me stranded. If anyone can help I could use some advise. I love this truck accept when it does this so hoping I don't have to get rid of it. Seems like every time I take it to a dealer, factory or not, they just clear the code and send me on my way. I am the one who keeps paying the price. Help please!

Chevrolet Customer Service September 30th, 2014 4:26 PM

We definitely recognize your frustrations and we regret to learn your truck has been undependable. We understand you don't want to have your vehicle towed into the dealership without a guaranteed fix, but if you'd like to send us your VIN, name and contact info we'll gladly look further into this concern. We're available via private message if interested.

Amber N.
Chevrolet Customer Care

Kcluca October 3rd, 2014 9:32 PM

Hello amber

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service (Post 285826)
We definitely recognize your frustrations and we regret to learn your truck has been undependable. We understand you don't want to have your vehicle towed into the dealership without a guaranteed fix, but if you'd like to send us your VIN, name and contact info we'll gladly look further into this concern. We're available via private message if interested.

Amber N.
Chevrolet Customer Care

I would be very stoked to get some help with this, please contact me via private message. Thanks!

Kcluca October 9th, 2014 2:49 PM

How do we start this private message, I have not heard back from anyone and extremely frustrated not to have a working vehicle.

Chevrolet Customer Service October 9th, 2014 3:12 PM

Originally Posted by Kcluca (Post 286435)
How do we start this private message, I have not heard back from anyone and extremely frustrated not to have a working vehicle.

We apologize for your frustration, Kcluca. If you click on our screen name you'll get the drop down option to Send Private Message. Please be sure to include your full contact information, VIN and dealership name. We look forward to hearing from you.

Amber N.
Chevrolet Customer Care

jodyesvelt November 13th, 2014 6:06 PM

i have the same exact problem