Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

Stabilitrak stuck on my 2010 Silverado

Search this Thread

Old September 30th, 2014, 7:00 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stabilitrak stuck on my 2010 Silverado

I bought a 2010 Chevy Silverado, 5.3 liter engine, 4x4 just 8 months ago. It has around 54,000 miles in it.

My problem is that I will be cruising and out of no where the the Stabilitrak light will come on and cut power down to what seems 30%. I have had the check engine light turn off at least 5 times now. The truck will run for a month or two then out of no where it will happen again. So this morning I am driving to catch a flight at the air port and yes again this happens. I turn engine off, wait 5 minutes for the vehicle to reset (which has worked to at least get full power back to the vehicle but not to turn of check engine light) and nothing changes. So I had to call a taxi and pay a $160 cab ride so I don't miss my flight. The truck is just waiting to be towed yet again to a shop and yet again I am wishing I still had my 96 Nissan banged up pathfinder with 250,000 miles cause it never left me stranded. If anyone can help I could use some advise. I love this truck accept when it does this so hoping I don't have to get rid of it. Seems like every time I take it to a dealer, factory or not, they just clear the code and send me on my way. I am the one who keeps paying the price. Help please!
Old September 30th, 2014, 4:26 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

We definitely recognize your frustrations and we regret to learn your truck has been undependable. We understand you don't want to have your vehicle towed into the dealership without a guaranteed fix, but if you'd like to send us your VIN, name and contact info we'll gladly look further into this concern. We're available via private message if interested.

Amber N.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old October 3rd, 2014, 9:32 PM
CF Beginner

Default Hello amber

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service
We definitely recognize your frustrations and we regret to learn your truck has been undependable. We understand you don't want to have your vehicle towed into the dealership without a guaranteed fix, but if you'd like to send us your VIN, name and contact info we'll gladly look further into this concern. We're available via private message if interested.

Amber N.
Chevrolet Customer Care
I would be very stoked to get some help with this, please contact me via private message. Thanks!
Old October 9th, 2014, 2:49 PM
CF Beginner

How do we start this private message, I have not heard back from anyone and extremely frustrated not to have a working vehicle.
Old October 9th, 2014, 3:12 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Kcluca
How do we start this private message, I have not heard back from anyone and extremely frustrated not to have a working vehicle.
We apologize for your frustration, Kcluca. If you click on our screen name you'll get the drop down option to Send Private Message. Please be sure to include your full contact information, VIN and dealership name. We look forward to hearing from you.

Amber N.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old November 13th, 2014, 6:06 PM
CF Beginner

Angry

i have the same exact problem