Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

stabilitrak/traction control

Search this Thread

Old August 7th, 2019, 6:55 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stabilitrak/traction control

I have a 2013 chevy Silverado 4x4, 5.3 engine, auto transmission. Today as I was driving the message service, stabilitrak / service, traction control came on . what is this and how do I service it or is it something I have to take to a dealer and is this very expensive and if so well it damage anything if I drive it until I can get it fexed?
Old August 7th, 2019, 7:24 PM
CF Beginner

Default Stabilitrak/sarvice traction control

I have a 2013 Chevy Silverado 4x4,5.3 engine , auto transmission . I was driving today and the message service stabilitrak / service traction control . What is this and how do I service it or is it something I have to take to a dealer and if so is it expensive and will it cause damage if I drive it until I can get it fixed? I would really appreciate any advice.
Old August 10th, 2019, 4:13 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by james headrick
I have a 2013 chevy Silverado 4x4, 5.3 engine, auto transmission. Today as I was driving the message service, stabilitrak / service, traction control came on . what is this and how do I service it or is it something I have to take to a dealer and is this very expensive and if so well it damage anything if I drive it until I can get it fexed?Review what causes traction control and abs lights stay on at Autoguysland site in case you concern
According to other post, this message means there is a malfunction. You can fix it with power cycle by pulling over, and turning your Chevy off. Let it sit for a minimum of 15 seconds. If the message is gone when you turn the car back on, otherwise you should seek service, Hope you can figure out this issue.