Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

Still acting up

Search this Thread

Old March 29th, 2022, 10:01 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Still acting up

Hi everyone, Iv got a 1995 chevy Silverado 2500 extra cab long bed TBI 454. It’s my camping rig so I try to keep it tuned up and Iv been having some issues I haven’t been able to pin point. So far Iv done fuel pump, fuel filter, rebuilt tbi, idle air control valve, throttle position sensor, map sensor,both temp sending units, plugs, wires, coil, cap and rotor. Fires right up but as it warming up right between cold and Normal operating temp it goes to idle down and stumbles and dies but will fire right back up, Also when put in reverse will try to die it’s worse when it’s really cold out side. Another thing is while driving it if I give it a lot of throttle it backfires in the intake. If I’m just cruising it around it’s fine next in my list is a new distributor cause I’m pretty sure it’s the stock one and it’s little rough looking inside it truck has 230,000 miles on it. Any ideas? Thanks
Old March 31st, 2022, 1:55 AM
CF Monarch

Received 262 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by juliann
it's maybe the engine itself
LOL!! I've never cared for the 454 motor either. A good 5.7 is much better. Even the old 400 cubic inch (6.55 l) small block is better.

Old March 31st, 2022, 1:58 AM
CF Monarch

Originally Posted by bigblocksteven
Hi everyone, Iv got a 1995 chevy Silverado 2500 extra cab long bed TBI 454. It’s my camping rig so I try to keep it tuned up and Iv been having some issues I haven’t been able to pin point. So far Iv done fuel pump, fuel filter, rebuilt tbi, idle air control valve, throttle position sensor, map sensor,both temp sending units, plugs, wires, coil, cap and rotor. Fires right up but as it warming up right between cold and Normal operating temp it goes to idle down and stumbles and dies but will fire right back up, Also when put in reverse will try to die it’s worse when it’s really cold out side. Another thing is while driving it if I give it a lot of throttle it backfires in the intake. If I’m just cruising it around it’s fine next in my list is a new distributor cause I’m pretty sure it’s the stock one and it’s little rough looking inside it truck has 230,000 miles on it. Any ideas? Thanks
Can you find someone with an OBD I code reader? It sure would help us Dx your 454.
Old March 31st, 2022, 9:51 AM
CF Beginner

Check engine light only came on once in this truck and after I replaced the tps and map sensor it cleared. I was thinking maybe the ignition control module going bad cause I’m pretty sure it’s original from 95 and when I did the cap and rotor it was pretty crusty inside the distributor.
Old April 4th, 2022, 7:44 PM
CF Monarch

Originally Posted by bigblocksteven
Check engine light only came on once in this truck and after I replaced the tps and map sensor it cleared. I was thinking maybe the ignition control module going bad cause I’m pretty sure it’s original from 95 and when I did the cap and rotor it was pretty crusty inside the distributor.
It wouldn't hurt to get in there and clean things up a bit. Might prevent future problems or issues.Best of luck to you!
Old May 17th, 2022, 8:51 AM
CF Beginner

Hi, I am sorry I don't have enough information regarding this. But yes, if you want to do your essay assignment and searching for someone who can do your essay assignment. Then you can visit https://www.topessaywriting.org/edit-my-paper here to you will find an essay writer who will do your essay assignment. I also use that website to hire an essay writer.

Last edited by FrancesLanphear; May 25th, 2022 at 2:43 AM.