Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

Strange Message

Search this Thread

Old February 17th, 2020, 6:12 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Strange Message

Hi all,

I received a warning message the other day that I can’t seem to find any info about, so I wonder if anyone here may have ideas. I had just entered the freeway the other day and I received a large message in a red box on the infotainment screen that said something to the effect of “Warning: Vehicle on wrong roadway, I-580 West.” I received this twice, within a couple of minutes.
Is this some sort of wrong-way-driver alert? If so, was it meant to alert me of a wrong-way driver, or did it think I was on the wrong side of the road? Since someone will undoubtedly ask, I never saw headlights coming at me and I was definitely on the right side of the road. Any ideas where this message would have come from? I have onboard and Onstar navigation, and happened to be using Waze via Apple CarPlay at the time. Just curious.
Old February 17th, 2020, 10:44 PM
CF Monarch

Received 263 Likes on 255 Posts

Originally Posted by Steveofresno
Hi all,

I received a warning message the other day that I can’t seem to find any info about, so I wonder if anyone here may have ideas. I had just entered the freeway the other day and I received a large message in a red box on the infotainment screen that said something to the effect of “Warning: Vehicle on wrong roadway, I-580 West.” I received this twice, within a couple of minutes.
Is this some sort of wrong-way-driver alert? If so, was it meant to alert me of a wrong-way driver, or did it think I was on the wrong side of the road? Since someone will undoubtedly ask, I never saw headlights coming at me and I was definitely on the right side of the road. Any ideas where this message would have come from? I have onboard and Onstar navigation, and happened to be using Waze via Apple CarPlay at the time. Just curious.
I have a Garmin 51 navigation unit that is loaded with features including a front camera. It's done that to me in parking lots but never on the roadway. Sounds like you have a software issue,