Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

Suburban AC system

Search this Thread

Old April 19th, 2006, 3:58 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suburban AC system

Hey guys im a new user and have a little problem. I have a 2002 z71 surburban 46,000 miles. 5.3 L IT SEEMS THAT EVERYTIME I TURN THE AC ON THE IDLER PULLY FOR THE AC SYSTEM RATTLES SO HARD IT WOULD SEEM THE TRUCK IS COMMING APART. iT IS INTERMIT..AND DOES NOT HAPEN ALL THE TIME. I HAVE REPLACED THE IDLER/BELT TENIONER AND THE BELT. THE COMPRESSOR IS NOT LOCKED UP AND IS SERVICED PROPERLY AND COOLS PROPERLY. CAN SOME ONE HELP ME TROUBLE SHOOT THIS ? HAS ANY ONE HAD OR EVER HERD OF THIS PROBLEM? THE 5.3 HAS TWO BELTS. ONE FOR THE AC AND ONE FOR THE REST OF THE ENGINE..... I TALKED WITH GM AND THEY HAVE NO CLUE....
Old February 16th, 2007, 10:51 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Suburban AC system

u have a tensioner for the a/c belt and the drive belt which did u replace?here is a tsb i pulled up on GMdealerworld.

Subject:
AC Compressor Belt or Tensioner Jumps or Flutters - kw noise rattle information part vibration performance warm cold HVAC #PI01139C - (05/07/2004)

[align=left]

Models:
.[/align]

[hr]

When servicing the vehicle with the VIN you entered, the following diagnosis might be helpful if the vehicle exhibits the described symptoms.
Customers may have a concern of hearing a rattle noise under the hood on acceleration. The A/C system might exhibit liquid slugging and deforming the retainer gasket. The retainer gasket deforms, the discharge reed is allowed to flex too far and ultimately the reed fractures. To correct this condition, replace the compressor. For 2002 CK Pickup use P/N 15106396 and Utilities (Dual system) P/N 15169965. For 2003 CK Pickup and H2 (Single system) use P/N15100337, CK Utilities (Dual system) P/N 15100338, CK Pickup (LB7 Diesel) P/N 15100340, CK Pickup (LU3 V6) P/N15100340.
Please Note: The compressor you receive will be pre-filled with oil. It will be necessary to drain the oil from the new compressor, and add the correct amount according to the "Compressor Oil Balancing" procedure in SI, example SI doc id 861833.
Please follow this diagnosis process thoroughly and complete each step. If the condition exhibited is resolved without completing every step, the remaining steps do not need to be performed. If these steps do not resolve the condition, please contact GM TAC for further diagnostic assistance. This diagnostic approach was developed for the vehicle with the VIN you entered and should not be automatically be used for other vehicles with similar symptoms.
Models:
(02,03 Cadillac Escalade, Excalade EXT, Escalade ESV ) and (02,03 Chevrolet Avalanche, Silverado, Tahoe, Suburban) and (02,03 GMC Sierra, Yukon, Yukon XL, Yukon Denali, Yukon Denali XL) and (03 Hummer H2 )