Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

Tachometer Jumping, Clicking, 03 Silverado Help!

Search this Thread

Old November 27th, 2013, 1:06 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tachometer Jumping, Clicking, 03 Silverado Help!

Hello Everyone,
I tried registering a while ago but they never sent me an email, so I logged in with facebook. I drive a 2003 Chevy Silverado 1500 4.3l V6 2wd. The past 2 weeks I have been plagued with issues. First, the mechanic said I needed a new transmission so I had a used one put in with a 1 yr warranty (85k miles on it). Now I have put in a new distributor, and a new fuel pump. My issue is upon acceleration, if depressed more than 1-2" my tachometer starts going haywire, I hear a strange "clicking" noise which is loud and insane, and it has gotten to the point where I can't even get over 40 mph without slamming the gas pedal to the floor. It gets stuck between gears, and bucks around a lot. I was having this same issue with the old transmission as well, but it's been getting progressively worse. The mechanic is telling me to bring it to the transmission shop but I can't afford that right now. I have already put almost 3k$ into this thing in under 2 weeks and can't afford any more major repairs unless I know what it is. Does anybody have any ideas or have heard of this and can give me a clue? I will bring it back to Meineke to have them check the transmission since it is covered under warranty, but this is ruining my school schedule. I drive about 100 miles a day to get to and from school and right now I have to make it the next 3 weeks or I am screwed. Please can somebody give me an idea of what it might be? The mechanic that I usually use won't charge to look at things, only if he has to actually replace things, so I could bring him a list and have him look. Nothing is coming up on his machine for codes, and he says the engine is absolutely fine.

Thanks,
Aaron