Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

Torrent Stabilitrak and No Power steering

Search this Thread

Old February 10th, 2016, 7:37 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Torrent Stabilitrak and No Power steering

2007 PONTIAC TORRENT
6 cyl 4 wheel drive

I've been having an annoying persistent issue and what makes this problem annoying is that it comes and goes. Every once in a while there are issues with Stabilitrak and no power steering...

The BCM module was just recently replaced at a Chevy dealership because the original BCM failed an attempted reprogramming while the vehicle was being looked at for this issue.

If this were a fuse issue, the lack power steering would STAY dead, not come and go, correct? Any other ideas on solving this problem would be greatly appreciated!
Old February 10th, 2016, 1:21 PM
CF Veteran

what codes did it have?
Old February 10th, 2016, 1:50 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by cleveland63b
what codes did it have?
I did not get a chance to get the codes because when I got in and tried it this morning a few hours after the wife started it up, everything was fine and there weren't any dash lights on.... 😕

I've told her, next time a dash light comes on, not to turn off the vehicle, so we can go get a code readout...
Old February 10th, 2016, 9:14 PM
CF Veteran

the dealer didn't provide any when it was there?
Old February 10th, 2016, 10:55 PM
CF Beginner

None, all I was told Twas that the original BCM failed the reprogramming...
Old February 11th, 2016, 7:51 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by pont101
2007 PONTIAC TORRENT
6 cyl 4 wheel drive

I've been having an annoying persistent issue and what makes this problem annoying is that it comes and goes. Every once in a while there are issues with Stabilitrak and no power steering...

The BCM module was just recently replaced at a Chevy dealership because the original BCM failed an attempted reprogramming while the vehicle was being looked at for this issue.

If this were a fuse issue, the lack power steering would STAY dead, not come and go, correct? Any other ideas on solving this problem would be greatly appreciated!
I understand how discouraging intermittent vehicle concerns can be, pont101. Until the issue can be physically duplicated, the dealership is limited in the assistance they can offer. Should your concerns resurface, we’d be more than happy to get in touch with the dealership on your behalf. Thank you for your time and please remember to keep us in the loop!

Jasmine
Chevrolet Customer Care