Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

Transmission issues

Search this Thread

Old October 21st, 2022, 11:27 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transmission issues

Looking for some help / advice
I have a 2003 silverado 1500 5.3l. Tsp cam, full bolt ons, was told it’s tuned With a rebuilt trans and 2500 stall converter. The issue is it revs high in 1st and does not want to shift up unless I play with the throttle. After it shifts up it seems fine unless I give it full throttle and it just redlines. But drives fine if I ease into it. Seems good even at hwy speeds. Replaced tps sensor last night with no change will be looking into tps sensor harness today to see if there’s any damages or broken wires.

issues started after getting a P1516 throttle actuator control and reduced engine power the day before when it was 32 degrees out. Seemed like it cleared up after clearing the code and weather warmed up. Next day I got a P0107 manifold absolute pressure and that’s when I started to notice the transmission issues.

Transmission fluid seems to be a little over filled and is a little dirty.

could It be the codes causing the issue? Or is my transmission on its way out and it’s a coincidence? Or is there an issue with the tune?

thanks for any help