Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

Trunk/Locks release

Search this Thread

Old June 3rd, 2014, 3:35 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trunk/Locks release

Car:
'04 Chevy Malibu
V6 engine
Sedan

I'm having a problem using my FOB to open the trunk. The problem is, even the trunk release inside the car is not working. The only time I have been able to pop the trunk is when I press both the internal trunk release as well as the trunk release on the FOB at the same time. Even then it's not a 100% occurrence.

What could be wrong with the car that both the FOB AND the internal release will not work?

Note that the locks for the car also will not activate from the FOB. I'm scared to try the horn/alarm from the FOB as I may not be able to turn it back off...
Also, the manual key slot on the trunk is jammed with something. The key will not even go into the lock. Not sure if that has anything to do with the release buttons though.

Any suggestions? Would a new FOB get it working? I'm not really great with cars, but I will update this with any additional needed info.