Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

vortec 5.7 v8 failed to start

Search this Thread

Old August 2nd, 2014, 6:40 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default vortec 5.7 v8 failed to start

hey expertise, i have this problem which i will like to discuss with you for a share of advise. there is this 2001 Chevrolet Minibus, this car was driving according to the owner and got packed for 2 years, now he tried to get this car start again and car wont start, an auto electrician visited the car and advised that the vcm/pcm was bad, as a result of it none start reason, so a used pcm was bought from the junkyard and i was called on to program, i did 30 minutes relearn of key and the security light is now off and the theft deterant message in the pcm is also clear, but one thing is that there is NO SPARK, NO pulses from the injector when you crank or start the engine... i have checked all earth entering into the pcm and all is good, i have also checked the powers entering and all is good, i checked continuity between the ICM and the pcm and all is good, earth on it is good as well as power on key turn is also good, i also tested key on for power on crank and cam sensor and all is good and continuity between the crank and the cam, to the pcm is also good.. when you crank and you test for pulses coming out from the crank and the cam at the pcm harness, you get the readings of fluctuate just as the reluctance pass through the face of the sensors , upon all this reading the pcm failed to vomit out triggering currently to the ICM, now there is good connection between the icm and the pcm as well, Timming has being checked and reset yet still it wont start, onething that is certain is when you crank and hold the key for several minutes, and later scan the pcm, you get p0335 talking about ckp circuit... now new crank sensor and new cam sensor has being fitted yet still, now, when i unplug the cam sensor and clear the system and CRANK the car for several times, the above mentioned code wont come, but when i plug it and crank for several time, the code will appear, i dont know what is causing this code to come on the CAM, now all pinning point was right at the cam harness.. i dont know if there is a short circuit happening from the used pcm being bought from the junk yard or not... the old pcm on the car before this happened also gives same fault... and no start, no injector pulses... what i know for GM cars mostly is that, if even it is security code, you will hear the car crank and start and goes off, but this one no start at all, no spark, no injection... please help.. thank you this is V8, 5.7, blue plug, red plug harness at the engine pcm