Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

what the heck

Search this Thread

Old August 28th, 2011, 9:09 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what the heck

I drive a 70 k20 4x4 with a 350 and 350 turbo. I have been doing alot of work to this thing, and so far she is doing good. It is my daily driver, or should i say was. recently i ripped the intake, heads, distrubetor, and manifolds off and threw on headers, new head gaskets, a new edelbrock high rise intake, topping that off with a new 750 edelbrock carb, and a new distributor from summit. I have had her running long enough to get the carb tuned fairly decent still needs a little more fine tuning, prob shouldn't have went with the 750...but, couldn't help it! she ran great for a lil bit, then i took her down the road finally and she died, and hasn't stayed running since. I have checked the fuel, kicked the timing back a lil, took off the distributer and visually checked everything. It will turn over, start and die immediately. I threw the timing light on it and it will light up a couple times then quit, stop turning it over and it will do the same thing the next time... I am leaning toward the module (sorry HEI) but with it being a brand new distributer I am thinking it should be good. I do have my old stuff still, think someone might be able to give me a starting point. It would be much appreciated!?!