Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

WTH- 2006 chevy Express 3500 seat belt discontinued

Search this Thread

Old June 1st, 2017, 10:02 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WTH- 2006 chevy Express 3500 seat belt discontinued

My wife has a 2006 12 passenger Express 3500 van that she uses for her daycare. The drivers side rear seat belt quit working and when we called the dealership they said it was discontinued. We have looked all over and cannot find a seat belt for an 11 year old van that is in perfect condition and the wife is very frustrated. I called the Chevrolet consumer line and they were not helpful at all and told me to sue them if I didnt like it. We are definitely not happy with Chevy and I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions. BTW, I have searched salvage yards and these seat belts cannot be found. THIS VAN IS ONLY 11 YEARS OLD WITH 72,000 MILES.
Old June 2nd, 2017, 12:12 AM
CF Monarch

Received 363 Likes on 344 Posts

There are many aftermarket or universal seat belts that would work. Try these as an example.

http://www.carparts.com/results/?Ntt...ype=global&N=0
Old June 2nd, 2017, 12:16 AM
Super Moderator

Received 512 Likes on 472 Posts

no manufacturer is legally required to make parts for a 11 yo vehicle. they would go bankrupt trying to do this.

your only option is to find an aftermarket supplier. bodyshops may be a good place to call.

or have the local wrecker do a search of other wrecking yards.
Old June 3rd, 2017, 10:07 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Get a GM pn# and run it on line and https://www.partsvoice.com/. Other search is run the VIN on carparts.com recycled part market search and just search large items and the vendor will post a picture of the salvage units on line , then you can call the vendor directly .