HHR This retro crossover vehicle combines the usefulness of a minivan with the size of a mid sized car.
Platform: Delta
Also Check out ChevyHHR.net

2 new problems with my 06' HHR

Search this Thread

Old November 28th, 2010, 8:52 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2 new problems with my 06' HHR

I have 2 new problems with the 06' HHR now.

The heater fans wont work unless you have it turned to the highest setting. (The **** to increase fan speed) The first 3 settings I dont hear anything but when turned to max speed it comes on. This happens no matter which location you have air blowing (floor,mid or windshield). Also I notice alot of air turbulance inside dash when the floor fan is fully engaged.

Also I have been hearing a sound coming from left front of car. It steadily increased with speed and lowers with speed as well. I believe it to be in the drive train because I've applied brakes and makes no difference. I've taken the car out of gear on the road and makes no difference so I know its not in the transmission. The tire/wheel look fine but I will rotate tires in the next day or so to see if it is for sure.
The sound is hard to describe. It doesnt sound like rubbing or metal to metal. All gauges appear to be normal. I've lifted car up and spun wheel to see if much resistance and there wasn't any difference than the right front. So I'm stumped on what the noise could be...

But I wanted to also ask other 06' HHR owners what kind of gas mileage you have been getting from mixed city/hwy driving? We do about 60%city & 40%hwy and car says 27.5mpg.
Old December 14th, 2010, 1:03 PM
CF Beginner

I just had this blower problem fixed. I was a bad blower resistor. Replaced it - fan works just fine
Old December 23rd, 2010, 6:59 PM
CF Beginner

My wife is having a similar issue with her HHR. When you turn the heater or air on its making noises like its working but nothing is blowing from the vents. changing from defrost to panel to floor doesn't matter. You can hear the changes inside the dash as the vents change to match where you want the air to blow...but nothing is blowing.

I know nothing about this car. The last car I worked on was a 71 mustang. Sometimes I don't think things have gotten easier..lol
Old December 24th, 2010, 1:21 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by HighdsrtHHR
My wife is having a similar issue with her HHR. When you turn the heater or air on its making noises like its working but nothing is blowing from the vents. changing from defrost to panel to floor doesn't matter. You can hear the changes inside the dash as the vents change to match where you want the air to blow...but nothing is blowing.

I know nothing about this car. The last car I worked on was a 71 mustang. Sometimes I don't think things have gotten easier..lol

Does anyone have any ideas as to what the problem is?