HHR This retro crossover vehicle combines the usefulness of a minivan with the size of a mid sized car.
Platform: Delta
Also Check out ChevyHHR.net

2006 Chevy HHR Serpentine Belt

Search this Thread

Old August 8th, 2009, 9:36 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 Chevy HHR Serpentine Belt

I have a 2006 Chevy HHR with the 2.4 liter engine. The serpentine belt shredded off on a trip to my parents. I got it to their place OK but of course the battery is done for and won't charge. I bought a new belt, looking for how to get it back on. Any tips? diagrams? I am a computer guy, not a mechanic. Thanks
Old May 27th, 2022, 2:41 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Belt tensioner

You need a flat wrench available at any auto parts. It is flat with a welded head of 3/8. There is a slot that it goes in, right in the middle of the tensioner. With this tool, you can install or remove a belt. It cost about 15 to 20$.tel them you need a serpentine belt tool for an hhr
Old July 8th, 2023, 12:41 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by amazing1rpk
I have a 2006 Chevy HHR with the 2.4 liter engine. The serpentine belt shredded off on a trip to my parents. I got it to their place OK but of course the battery is done for and won't charge. I bought a new belt, looking for how to get it back on. Any tips? diagrams? I am a computer guy, not a mechanic. Thanks
on the belt tensioner, there is a square hole for a special wrench, its flat and has a fixed 3/8 headlike the head of a ratchet

This particular wrench is for a ford, but identical to the one you need, less the head size.hhr uses 3/8, ford uses 1/2
they are about 15 to 20 dollars at autozone,. You will not be able to complete the job without it.go at it from the passenger wheel side..also to make your belt last infinitly longer, soak it in Armor all,original formula, for about 10 min and then dry it off and install it. it changes the structure of the rubber and you can get 140000 miles out of it,at least