HHR This retro crossover vehicle combines the usefulness of a minivan with the size of a mid sized car.
Platform: Delta
Also Check out ChevyHHR.net

Aftermarket Radio and Speed Compensated Volume

Search this Thread

Old December 25th, 2021 | 1:01 PM
CF Beginner

Question Aftermarket Radio and Speed Compensated Volume

I have a 2006 HHR with the premium Pioneer system in it. I replaced the factory radio and now the audio is so low I can barely hear it. To further explain. The after market radio has been installed in another Chevy without Speed Compensated Volume and the volume is fine there but I put it back in the HHR and audio is back to barely audible. I put the factory head unit back in and the audio is fine. Is there a module I can disable? I thought the Speed Compensated Volume was primary to the radio but obviously it can not as it is effected after the removal. I am at a lose at this point and any help would be appreciated
Old April 5th, 2022 | 8:51 AM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by oohrah0231
I have a 2006 HHR with the premium Pioneer system in it. I replaced the factory radio and now the audio is so low I can barely hear it. To further explain. The after market radio has been installed in another Chevy without Speed Compensated Volume and the volume is fine there but I put it back in the HHR and audio is back to barely audible. I put the factory head unit back in and the audio is fine. Is there a module I can disable? I thought the Speed Compensated Volume was primary to the radio but obviously it can not as it is effected after the removal. I am at a lose at this point and any help would be appreciated
it was really poorly designed. I have the same issues with my own, but haven't been able to check it out lately. From what I understand, it's a common problem