Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

04 Heating & Wiper Issues

Search this Thread

Old March 14th, 2012, 2:03 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 04 Heating & Wiper Issues

I feel like both these issues are fairly common among Impala owners but wanted to make sure there are no other possibilities...here goes & thanks for the help in advance!
#1 No heat on the drivers side, blows air fine just freezing cold. Checked the hoses both are hot but 1 hotter than the other. No leaking on the floor. I believe it is the blend door actuator for the drivers side that is "malfunctioning". Does anyone know how to confirm this, I don't feel that great about taking it to anyone as I ALWAYS come out of a diagnosis with a rediculous repair list/bill. Take it for a second opinion & get a completely diagnosis. How do I determine if this is the issue or not?

#2 The wipers will not go down when turned off they stay in the upright position. I am fairly confident that it is either the motor transmission or a "bracket" of sorts that keeps the blade arms in the down position when turned off. Again, how do I determine 1 of these is or isn't the issue?

DON'T HESITATE TO REPORT ISSUES TO THE DEALER, THIS IS THE ONLY WAY THEY TRACK "MALFUNCTIONS" TO ISSUE RECALLS. IF NO ONE REPORTS IT THEN EVERYONE LOSES & HAS TO COME OUT OF POCKET FOR REPAIRS. EVEN IF YOU HAVE FIXED YOUR CAR, YOU CAN STILL REPORT IT & HELP OTHERS & ALSO IF THERE IS A RECALL ISSUED GM CAN GIVE YOU A REFUND ON YOUR OUT OF POCKET REPAIR COSTS (EVEN PART COSTS WHEN YOU DO THE WORK YOURSELF)

Last edited by ViggiAm; March 14th, 2012 at 2:06 PM.