Chevrolet  Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/)
-   Impala (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/impala-14/)
-   -   06 Impala - Service Traction control / ABS. (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/impala-14/06-impala-service-traction-control-abs-20278/)

jt123456 January 23rd, 2009 6:46 AM

06 Impala - Service Traction control / ABS.

Hello,

New to the fourm, need some help.

I have 06 Impala that all of a sudden is giving us a warning "Service traction control" and the ABS light comes on with it. Now I took the car to a shop 2 different times so that they can look at the error codes, but nothing shows up. The first time, I can understand, we had very cold weather here and I saw the car calibrating the GP sensor, so I shrugged it off. The next time though, the temp was not near as cold the GP sensor was not calibrating but still no errors showing up.

My wife drives the car the most, so she only tells me the errors that come across the dash, until today! I was driving down the road when all of a sudden a warning comes up service Brake Assist.. Then the Service Traction control comes / ABS..

Does anyone happen to have a clue to what I shoulr do?

I was talking to a local GM dealer, he saisd that it is most likely the wheel bearing, then goes on to tell me if it isn't that, then it is most likely the wiring harness, all for a great price of $520.00.. I/m sorry, but if I am going to fix a car for $520.00 I want to know that it will be fixed - not most likely fixed..

Another thing, when the car is warming up, the door locks will lock automatically.. the car is not in gear or anything..

Any input would be appreciated. :o

TX.

milwaukee_01impala January 23rd, 2009 7:55 AM

the person you talked to at the dealer is correct in his diagnostics. its most likely a bad wheel hub. and the reason the shops you took it to couldnt find any codes is that the abs/traction codes are body codes that only a person with a techII can read. most shops dont have techII scanners, usually only the dealer shops have one.
what you can do is take it to a dealer, have them hook up their techII and it will tell them which hub is bad. although the dealer will most likely charge you a diagnostic fee to do that.

rbarrios January 23rd, 2009 12:55 PM

been seeing alot of people getting these messages.. especially those in the areas where its really cold and full of snow.

MDTAHOE January 23rd, 2009 10:04 PM

Any shop with a snap-on scanner (solus or modis) can read codes and look at data from ebcm (abs computer) ,the bcm (body computer) tcm (trans computer) or the pcm.

jt123456 January 26th, 2009 6:44 AM

Thanks for the help with your responses. I will take the car back to the dealer and have them scan for codes again. If it is the front left huib again, I will replace myself.

Again, thanks for help.

IBRW August 26th, 2009 5:42 PM

2006 Impala SS - same issue +

Hey folks, I've the same issue ("Service Brake asssist"), but this vehicle will abruptly apply the brakes, disengaging cruise control (occurs with or without cruise on or in use - sometimes even when at a dead stop, causing the car to shake as if it were gently bumped by another vehicle). The cruise will not work for several minutes afterward, or until the vehicle is shut off and restarted. The brake application/release is instant - quicker than anything I could reproduce on my own. The DIC warning does not remain displayed...

At other times the DIC displays "Service Traction Control", and the cruise is disengaged, duplicating the above but without the abrupt brake application. This also occurs with or without cruise on.

Weather conditions appear to have no impact, the same activity occurs wet or dry, hot or cold.

More input please... thks

IBRW
Cambridge ONTARIO

andetraj February 9th, 2010 1:47 PM

Same Issue

IBRW, I have a 2007 Impala SS with the same issues as your '06. I was wondering if you were ever able to get that problem fixed?

jondoe28 February 10th, 2010 3:54 PM

Before you spend big money fixing it, try cleaning the electrical connections where they plug in from the sensors. Worked for mine. If not, then spend the money.

62chevyimpala March 15th, 2012 9:51 AM

2007 impala with break, abs and traction control lights on

I have a 2007 impala and it just started, I get the break, abs and traction control lights on. anyone know what this problem might be?<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

Chevrolet Customer Service March 15th, 2012 5:17 PM

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> 62chevyimpala,

It can be difficult to say what the problem is without an inspection. I encourage you to visit your local dealer. A certified technician will be able offer additional information after an inspection.

Please keep us posted.

Louis
GM Customer Service