Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

07 impala LS clunk/noise :(

Search this Thread

Old October 11th, 2012, 7:32 PM
p-3
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation 07 impala LS clunk/noise :(

Hi,
Just picked up a vehicle from my work for rather decent price its 07 impala LS. I drove it for two weeks and got it repaired up from company first, changed all four tire pressure sensors, changed both rear tires (had cupping issue) and also changed windshield and got it all detailed. Ever since the car came out of the dealership after above repairs it has a clunk sound coming from rear (it appears from the rear driver end). Checked the trunk the tires/jack are pretty secure and nothing else is in the trunk.

Noise is there when going real slow and over smallest of abnormalities of the road, speed bumps it will as well but i think its very random and faint at times its not loud loud but just there to be annoying enough and worrying the heck out of me.

Asked one of my buddies to give his advise what it was, he says it sounds like a worn out bushing, car has 114K on it.

Any ideas if its the bushings or impala suffers from some defect/recall that needs to be done. I wonder if something is loose or hanging after the dealers replaced both rear tires and forgot to wrap it up properly ?

Every since the tire change it has gone on highways and what not without issues, the noise you can barely hear when at highway speeds maybe because of the road noise muffling it out.

I used to have a 97 dodge neon and now a 07 impala and am bit sad that my company might have ripped me off since they are not willing to get it fixed so its coming out of my pocket and wondering how much it will its been only a day now and i can see a fat bill already for repairs. Any advise/help would be great.

tks.
Old October 16th, 2012, 8:06 PM
p-3
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hmm so many view yet no reply, anyways got the problem fixed and this is probably my last post here getting way better response at impalaforums it seems.

the problem fixed by the shop was the rear links (sway bar links i think they are called). gluck to anyone else who has similar issue.