Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

1962 impala key

Search this Thread

Old March 9th, 2010, 10:00 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile 1962 impala key

I purchased my newest project a 1962 Impala ss 409, I am now the secound owner of this car and when I dissambled the car to start the rebuild under the drivers door seal I found something strang. When I removed the door seal and I am the 1st person to do this since the car was put together in the factory I found a key with the a chevy symbol on it and a 1962 soild silver dime. The key does not have any scraches on it from being used, but when I looked the key up it said that it was not offered for this year, I ask the original owner of the car and he had no idea that the key or the dime was there. any info about the key would be helpful thank you
Old March 9th, 2010, 11:32 PM
CF Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have no idea.... BUT POST PICS OF THAT GEM!!!! I can't beleive your the 2nd owner, thats amazing.
Old March 12th, 2010, 11:46 PM
CF Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They useto do stuff like that at the factory. Look up the cars history that sounds cool. A friend of mine found an empty pint whiskey bottle in his 67 Pontiac that was causing a rattle in the door. Mechanic at dealer found it.That key might be something an old timer did at the factory and is interesting history.