Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

2003 Impala Old Speakers Hissing With New Pioneer Stereo

Search this Thread

Old April 24th, 2019, 7:08 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 2003 Impala Old Speakers Hissing With New Pioneer Stereo

I just installed a new touchscreen pioneer stereo. When I turn the car on, the speakers will now make a hissing/static noise even when the stereo volume is down or muted. It only goes away when I turn the stereo off. My impala has the factory amplifier.
Old July 17th, 2019, 6:16 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 03chevyimpala
I just installed a new touchscreen pioneer stereo. When I turn the car on, the speakers will now make a hissing/static noise even when the stereo volume is down or muted. It only goes away when I turn the stereo off. My impala has the factory amplifier.

Visit Rocketcarparts to find more amplifier modeling that you may concern.

According to what i searched, you do to check your ground wires to all of the components in system that may include the receiver, amplifier, equalizers, or other components and the ground wires should be as short as possible because long ground wires can pick up the noise that can be heard from the audio system. Hope you can figure out the issue and solve this problem soon.