Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

2004 Impala LS Starting Issues

Search this Thread

Old March 26th, 2018, 3:10 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2004 Impala LS Starting Issues

My daughter's 2004 Impala LS has a bone fide gremlin... Very sporadically, the car will not start, turn over or even click. Either she waits 30 minutes or she continuously removes the key and re-inserts it, until it starts. The battery connections are fine, the battery is new. It has the stock radio... Stumped.

Hope this is allowed, here is a link to a video of what's happening:

Old March 26th, 2018, 7:18 PM
Super Moderator

Received 511 Likes on 471 Posts

hard to follow...so the lights are coming on as she is turning the key to start?
...no theft messages or lock symbol in the dash? If not battery or battery connections....maybe ignition switch? check for power in and out of the switch with the key in run and start.
Old March 27th, 2018, 7:54 AM
CF Monarch

Received 362 Likes on 343 Posts

Looks like a bad connection somewhere. I would recheck the battery cables at both ends, not just at the battery before replacing any parts.
Old March 27th, 2018, 8:08 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks guys. She comes home from college this weekend, for Easter. I'll check those things and let you know what I find. I appreciate the input.
Old March 27th, 2018, 3:00 PM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

I go with ignition switch