Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

2006 Impala SS terrible handling?

Search this Thread

Old April 11th, 2010, 1:36 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2006 Impala SS terrible handling?

This is the worst handling car I've owned but i love everything else about it. I just wanted to know some suggestionsto help improve handling. I'm not looking for a race car or track performance just something to make it handle better. Thanks
Old April 11th, 2010, 1:44 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey whats up! i got a few suggestions that will make your ride look good and give it some handling at a decent price...first find you a set of lowering springs...dont have to slam it to the point a speed hump will tear it up but a drop that will make a difference and still give it some style...canuckmotorsports.com sell cheap but good quality springs....also grab a set of nice shocks/struts...once again if ur on a budget KYB sells a perfect set for your ride and they are made to support the lowering springs and still help with the smooth ride quality and support the advance handling all in one package....if you can swing the money and time grab some lower control arms and upper....get some where you can adjust camber if they make them for your car! hope this info helps buddy!
Old April 11th, 2010, 7:34 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Will this make it ride real harsh this is still my family ride? Thanks
Old April 11th, 2010, 10:52 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey im not gonna feed u bad info...check out my 93 caprice when u get free time! i have canuck motorsports 3 inch drop springs on stock shocks that leaks a little and have a wife and 3 kids....the car has less body roll...look good cuz its slammed....and still feel like the stock suspension! i promise my hand to the man up above!