Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

2007 Impala SS vs 2008 BMW 335i? Plz help me choose my new car!

Search this Thread

Old December 16th, 2015, 9:24 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by blue-impala
How does it not compete Safety wise ? What does Honda have that the Impala does not have ?

2014-2016 Impala has:

5 Star Crash Ratings
Adaptive Cruise / Collision Avoidence System
Blind Spot Monitoring
Lane Departure Warning
Rear Camera with Cross Traffic Alert and Park Assist
Anti-Lock Brakes
Numerous 2 Stage Air Bags
Stability Control System
Traction Control
2016 Impala

2016 Accord

The frontal crash test is better on the Honda and the Honda has been run through more tests then the Impala, like the small overlap front, roof, and Head Restraint & Seats. Otherwise they are equipped the same. I like the styling on the Impala better but will buy safety features before looks.

I'm not sure if it's GM being cheap and not donating test cars or a lack a test time or a lack of budget available by the IIHS, but that model hasn't been tested as thoroughly. You have to go back to 2013 to find a model that's more thoroughly tested but that one lack the small overlap frontal test. Maybe they don't test all these things on large cars but I look at the Hyundai Santa Fe and they've tested all those things.

Last edited by JunkyardJack; December 16th, 2015 at 9:33 AM.