Chevrolet  Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/)
-   Impala (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/impala-14/)
-   -   2014 Impala questions (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/impala-14/2014-impala-questions-60850/)

Weeble1150 October 14th, 2014 3:05 PM

Light sensor location

The light sensor (on my 2014 Impala) is located in the little half-dome device in the middle of the front of the dash, up near the windshield. This is where the little red light blinks when the vehicle is locked.

Ckharrry October 17th, 2014 10:27 AM

Thanks very much for that info, it is in for service right now. I'll post the progress on this issue soon.

luckydriver October 21st, 2014 9:07 AM

Originally Posted by CharlieMSU (Post 284407)

Anyone else bothered by these issues? Or other ones?

do me a favor and during the next few months pay attention to the steering wheel at idle. dealer stated this is normal motor mount wear and they wont fix it. so if that is true, you will feel it too because the definition of normal is 'everyone else' has it happen too

Ckharrry October 24th, 2014 12:16 PM

Ambient light sensor update & other annoyances

When in for service a week ago, they "reprogrammed" the BCM (body control module?) and the rep hoped that would help. Only twice in last week was close to a dusk or dawn situation, so not to much to go by yet, but it was still dimming instrument cluster and infotainment when it was too light out. (NO available setting / adjustment for this - the Nissan I have does)
Other annoyances: 1) there is no scan function on the AM/FM tuner, 2) trying to "swipe" to get radio to show me another 5 presets. I've had it almost a year and I still have trouble; 3) have you ever hit the panic button on the key FOB? How pitiful!! That wouldn't scare anything and only chirps 3 times!! Don't ever count on that helping you find your car in a large parking lot! More than about 50 feet away and it won't even attract your attention! 4) Not impressed with the auto climate control. It seems as if mine needs calibrated or something, as set on hottest temp (85?) it hardly gets feeling warm in there.

JazzGuyy October 27th, 2014 2:07 PM

Originally Posted by Ckharrry (Post 286466)
My headlights and infotainment illumination are doing what whucky's are doing. Many times on clear sunny days, an hour or more past sun up or before sundown! The car thinks it is night and dims the instrument cluster and infotainment brightness. It is quite irritating. I've told the dealer they must try SOMETHING, like changing the sensor (photocell?) when I am therey for oil change in a week. Where Is the sensor? At the base of middle of the dash? Or is it in that assembly with the rear view mirror?

My experience with these systems in two other cars is that it is not just the amount of sunlight that affects how they work but the angle of the light. All of the cars I have owned with these (my 2015 Impala is the third) would go into night lighting mode for some time after sunrise and before sunset since the sun at both times is lower in the sky. I have never found this annoying myself.

JazzGuyy October 28th, 2014 5:35 PM

Originally Posted by MichaelD16 (Post 257956)
Just wanted to say I'm happy to be back, however, I did have some questions. For those of you that have driven Chevys over the years I was curious to hear about overall reliability of their vehicles. Also when I was shopping I was tempted to get the adaptive cruise control. Turns out it was the only option I declined as I could not understand why it had to be paired with the 20 inch wheels. I test drove one with the 19s and one with the 20s and felt the ride was quieter and smoother with the former as opposed to the latter. I also prefered the look of the 19s...my tastes are somewhat more conservative and I felt the 20s were kinda too much for me. What can I say I'm an old soul. I was curious to know if there was a way to add adaptive cruise without going down the 20s road. Anyway I look forward to reading your feedback and am happy to be part of the Chevy family again.

I really wanted the adaptive cruise control on my 2015 and shared your trepidation about the 20" wheels but I have been pleasantly surprised by the ride quality with the 20s. It seems to be as good as I remember from my test drive of a 2LTZ with the 19" wheels. I don't think anyone should let the 20" wheels get in the way of choosing adaptive cruise control if that is a feature you want.

mann1906 December 17th, 2014 9:00 AM

I have had the Calibration done to where I have to hold my fob longer. However still after that, I have on my security camera 15 minutes after leaving my house in a different car. My trunk randomly opened on its own. So the fob was no where near the car to trigger the opening of the trunk. The dealership has my car and do not know what to do. Been 5 days with them thus far.

sditto1022 February 17th, 2015 12:56 PM

2014 Impala radio

Hello everyone,
I'm new to this forum so please forgive me if I'm not posting my question in the right place. I have a 2014 Impala LS, Was wanting to know if I was to replace the OEM radio that is none touch screen, To a OEM 2014 Impala touch screen. Will it just be a easy plug and play switch?

tnup9 March 3rd, 2015 3:22 PM

2014 Impala car phone

HI all-
I am on my 5th Impala and the driver of a 2014 Impala - Summit white- and LOVING it. This is my first car with a bluetooth connectivity with my phone. I can pair my phone, play music with it, and connect my phone and talk on it. The issue is, the recipient of my phone call can hear me, but can not understand what I'm saying and says it sounds like I am in a tunnel or in a big metal building. Can the MyLink be updated to help correct this?

Please help! Thanks!!
Kelly

sledge.impy March 3rd, 2015 4:48 PM

Originally Posted by tnup9 (Post 296706)
HI all-
I am on my 5th Impala and the driver of a 2014 Impala - Summit white- and LOVING it. This is my first car with a bluetooth connectivity with my phone. I can pair my phone, play music with it, and connect my phone and talk on it. The issue is, the recipient of my phone call can hear me, but can not understand what I'm saying and says it sounds like I am in a tunnel or in a big metal building. Can the MyLink be updated to help correct this?

Please help! Thanks!!
Kelly

You might have issues with the microphone or wiring.

Does mylink understand when you initiate a blue tooth session? Like: "Call name in address book?

Or if you call a #? Call 800-chevy-mylink?

Does OnStar hear you okay? Does onstar calling sound normal? That would at least prove it's not the car, but the bluetooth.

Which phone are you bluetoothing with? Have you tried a different phone? Have you tried your phone with another bluetooth device?

Next-Gen MyLink System Debuts in 2014 Chevrolet Impala

Unlike previous systems, both the instrument cluster and the integrated center stack are configurable, giving the customer the ability to display infotainment controls in direct view if desired, without ever having to view the center screen. A microphone above the driver helps ensure voice commands are heard.