Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

Back up camera options

Search this Thread

Old August 10th, 2019, 1:35 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Back up camera options

Hi guys, I have a 2015 Impala 2LT that I bought Certified Preowned in 2015. About the only thing I've ever disliked about my car is that it came without a factory rear backup camera.
I have been hesitant about an aftermarket one because I really don't want a second monitor when I already have the 8" My Link screen, but I can't add an after market to that,
and close to $400 for the My Link add on is not something I really want to do. I already use a Garmin GPS because Onstar was $ 387.00 a year and my Garmin has lifetime updates.
Do you guys have any ideas?
Old August 10th, 2019, 3:33 PM
Super Moderator

Received 509 Likes on 469 Posts

what about a wireless back up camera that displays thru the rearview mirror. lots of kits out there. here is one I found on google. i'm not endorsing it...google it and find one you like. best buy sell them too.
https://www.wish.com/product/573c1b2...SABEgL9D_D_BwE
Old August 11th, 2019, 7:21 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tech2
what about a wireless back up camera that displays thru the rearview mirror. lots of kits out there. here is one I found on google. i'm not endorsing it...google it and find one you like. best buy sell them too.
https://www.wish.com/product/573c1b2...SABEgL9D_D_BwE
I have looked a a few of those models, but our 2010 Silverado has one that came from the factory and it is so small and low quality that I don't think I want an aftermarket one in my Impala.
The one in the Silverado doesn't work for two days after a good rain, or even a hand wash. Sometimes it flickers on and off when in use and is worthless when trying to hook up our travel trailer.
It hasn't worked right since we bought the truck in 2011.
I know Garmin has a wireless model that is compatible with one of my GPS monitors. I guess that may be my best option, would be nice to be able to direct wire the monitor and not have
that plug sticking out of the console.
Old August 11th, 2019, 11:15 AM
Super Moderator

Received 509 Likes on 469 Posts

buy a hardwire kit. I use one for my dashcam.
The following users liked this post:
MontgomeryAL (September 10th, 2019)