Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

Blinkers/cruise/flashers

Search this Thread

Old May 28th, 2006, 2:04 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blinkers/cruise/flashers

I have a 2004 Impala. First the cruise stopped working, then the blinkers started to act up. They would work, but while they are blinking, they flicker. Then the Emergency flashers and the blinkers quit all to gether. I can still flash my blinkers by manually moving the blinker arm at the steering colum. All fuses and bulbs are OK. Currently none of the 3 are working, although they did work the other day for a few hours, then stopped working all together. I had one person tell me he thought the emergency flasher controlled all three functions. The emergency flasher is located in the dash, not on the steering colum. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Mark
Old August 5th, 2006, 9:38 AM
CF Beginner

Default RE: Blinkers/cruise/flashers

My 04 Impalas signals failed to flash as well. I'm not sure if there is a connection to the cruise control though. My signals either wouldn't flash or would flash irradically. When I engaged the 4-ways, they wouldn't flash either,just stay on. It was the Emerg. flasher that controls all the signals. Once I replaced the switch, everything returned to normal.(Expensive though...$80.00 Cdn).

Good luck!
Old September 21st, 2006, 12:48 PM
CF Beginner

Default RE: Blinkers/cruise/flashers

I have the same problem. My signals work only occasionally and I spent forever looking for the old "flashers." All I found was a fuse marked "TUrn Signal Flashers" on the drivers side fuse panel, and that was intact. Can anyone here tell me where the emergency flasher is located? I see it is under the dash, but can you be any more specific? Advance Auto quoted me 253.00 US for the switch, and if there is just a flasher I can replace I would be a very happy camper. Thanks. straypooch@yahoo.com